Last updated September 2016
Apollo Motorhome Holidays Pty Ltd ACN 051 584 153 in Australia and its related entities including Apollo Motorhome Holidays Ltd in New Zealand and Apollo Motorhome Holidays LLC in the United States (referred to in this policy as we, us, our) recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of Personal Information we collect about you.
When you visit and interact with our Services, we may collect certain information about you, including Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information.
Personal Information means information that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you, such as your name, date of birth, email address, physical address, phone number, purchase history, and payment information. We do not collect any Personal Information from you through the Site or Services unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with such information. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested Personal Information, you may not be able to use some or all of our Services.
We only collect Personal Information that is directly related to, or reasonably necessary for, our functions and activities. This includes your name, address, phone number, email address and certain internet-related details (see below) and other information relevant to providing you with the information or services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
Non-Identifying Information means information that alone cannot identify you and has not been associated with you. We may automatically collect certain non-identifying information about you and store it in our log files when you use and interact with our Site and Services, such as data collected from cookies and other automated technology, Internet Protocol (IP) address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamps, referring and exit website URL’s, page views, page navigation, and certain device data (such as operating system type, device type or model, location, browser type and language, and other system settings).
Wherever practicable, we will enable you to deal with us anonymously or pseudonymously, however, in many cases it is not practicable to interact in this way.
Disclosing personal information overseas
We store your Personal Information in Australia. We may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates in New Zealand and the USA.
How we collect Personal Information
Personal Information will generally be collected directly from you when you rent a vehicle from us and through the use of any of our standard forms, our dealings with you over the internet, via email, or through a telephone conversation. The service that you use will determine exactly what information we collect. The information may include your:
- contact telephone number(s);
- contact facsimile number(s);
- date of birth;
- country of Residence;
- driver's licence number and state/country of origin;
- frequent traveller program number;
- vehicle preference;
- credit card number(s) and expiry date(s);
- email address;
- company name and employee number;
- contact details of individuals who can provide professional references and other information required in the Cash Qualification process;
- reservations and rental details including dates, times and places of vehicle hire; and
- preferences such as baby seat requirements, GPS requests, table and chair orders, etc.
- vehicle damage circumstances and details.
There may, however, be some instances where Personal Information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect Personal Information directly from you. For example we may collect Personal Information through a travel agent, a corporate program or through one of our partner programs. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
If the Personal Information you provide us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services or information you or they are seeking.
We may store cookies (e.g., locally stored objects) in your computer’s hard drive when you visit the Website. These devices are used to help us speed up your future activities or to improve your experience by remembering the information that you have already provided to us. We use tools, including Google Analytics, to collect non-personal information regarding your use of the Website. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Website, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they visit prior to or after coming to this site. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
At your option, you may block or delete cookies and other devices from your hard drive. However, by disabling such tracking devices, you may not have access to the entire set of features of the Website. For more about cookies, including links to web browser instructions for disabling and managing such tracking devices, visit http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml.
Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
Purpose of collection
The purposes for which we collect, use and maintain your Personal Information include:
- providing the services you request;
- researching, developing, managing, protecting and improving our services
- conducting customer satisfaction surveys and informing you of any improvements we have made to our services;
- maintaining and developing our software and other business systems. We may disclose your Personal Information to other related and non-related organizations including:
- vehicle manufacturers, in particular motorhome and campervan manufacturers;
- sister companies that form part of our Group as well as franchisees, licensees or agents of Apollo;
- your company or organization if you use our services under a corporate account;
- to one of our program partners if you are a member of their frequent traveller program and have asked us to send them details of your rental agreement with us;
- to franchisees and licenses of Apollo;
- our contracted service providers;
- credit card providers;
- credit reporting and fraud checking agencies where necessary to register a default;
- debt collection agencies, in the event of your default in payment of monies owed to us;
- city councils and government or private organizations responsible for the processing or handling of traffic related infringements;
- driver licensing authorities;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorized by law;
- dealing with complaints or enquiries; and
- providing you with information about other services we provide, or services that our related entities and other organizations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of direct marketing communications from us by submitting a request using the contact details below. Except as set out above, we will not sell or otherwise transfer your contact details to other parties for direct marketing purposes.
How we use the information we collect
We use your Personal Information for the purposes of collection as set out above.
We may sometimes use the Personal Information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reasons for collection set out above. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented;
- where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way;
- where we are permitted or required by law; or
- it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may disclose personal information to service providers, vendors or other third parties to help us process, store and protect your personal information and otherwise help us administer our services and communicate with you.
We do not intend that any portion of our Site or Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of thirteen, and such use is prohibited. Our Site and Services are designed and intended for adults. By using the Site and Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to use our Services.
If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information from a consumer who is not at least 18 years old, we will promptly delete information associated with that account. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personal information and prohibit the use of such information.
Seeking access to, and correcting, information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you, by making a written request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period. We may charge you a reasonable fee for providing access to your Personal Information (but not for making a request for access).
If, upon receiving access to your Personal Information or at any other time, you believe the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If we refuse to correct your Personal Information, we will provide you with a written notice that set out the reasons for our refusal (unless if would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with us are entitled to ask us for a notice describing the types of personal customer information we have shared with third parties for those parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. That notice will identify the categories of information shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us. Please allow 30 days for a response.
How to contact us - complaints and feedback
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act, Australian Privacy Principles or a privacy code that applies to us, please contact us as set out below and we will take reasonable steps to investigate the complaint and respond to you.
Street address: Apollo Motorhome Holidays, 698 Nudgee Road Northgate Queensland 4013
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone: +61 7 3265 9219
Fax: +61 7 3265 9201
Links to other sites
We provide links to websites outside of our Site, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our Site. Before disclosing your Personal Information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy at any time. Any updated version of this policy will appear on this website. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” date above.